Job Description Summary:
The Sales Engineer will be responsible for selling the organization’s products and services to the target markets. He/She will be the primary point of contact and accountability for the client relationship as well as maintaining relationships with existing named accounts as related to direct sales to end users. The Sales Engineer will be required to have need identification skills with combination of technical knowledge along with the other basic sales skills to determine and understand customer needs and accordingly attend to them through the range of products and services offered by the company.
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with existing and prospective clients in the target markets.
- Promote the Company’s range of product offerings and services, attend trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
- Conduct regular visits to clients’ sites to follow up on business, identify new opportunities and attend to customer complaints and queries
- Expand customer base and actively market & promote the company’s products
- Identify and interpret customers’ requirements and attend to them efficiently and in a timely manner
- Follow up on the business starting from lead-generation, negotiation, order placement and successful execution.
- Submit quotations in-line with customer technical specifications and company’s pricing policy.
- Identify, Coordinate and follow up on projects until final execution while ensuring high quality customer service and satisfaction
- Provide pre-and after sales technical assistance and support , product training, in addition to developing and presenting support material to customers ( technical presentations, brochures, reports, etc….)
- Prepare accurate and timely reports on clients’ visits, sales forecasts and others as require by Management
- Meet assigned Targets and Objectives as agreed in the management sales meetings
- Liaise and coordinate with inter-company teams and departments (sales, service, logistics, etc…) to ensure high quality customer service and satisfaction.
Professional experience and requirements:
- BSc/HND in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 5-8 years of experience, preferably in Power, Oil and Gas related field
- Knowledge of the Oil and Gas Process
- Experience & Knowledge required in any of the following product categories:
- Rotating Equipment (Pumps, Compressors, Turbines, Gear Boxes)
- Valves & actuators
- Gas Detectors
- Generator Controls
- Very good command of English (spoken and written)
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint , excel, etc.…)
- Job requires frequent traveling within the country
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customer service skills
- Communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Report writing skills
- Presentation Skills
- Multi-tasking, prioritizing and time management skills
- Positive and winning attitude
- Team player and good work ethics